While we were just talking about how Google's CEO is suggesting that websites stop pissing off users, a consumer watchdog group in Denmark is advocating that the government make intrusive online ads illegal. They include the various interstitials and other ads that take over the page you're looking at. It seems a little on the extreme side to declare these ads illegal - and I'm not sure under what basis they would be considered illegal. I'm still hoping that advertisers and websites realize that pissing people off is not a long-term business model, but I'm probably being a little too idealistic.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Feinstein And Rogers Try To Scare Americans With Ooga Booga Terrorism Threats
- Lessons Learned From Adam Lanza's Video Game Obsession: Blame Dance Dance Revolution
- Editorial Claims Houston Prosecutors Are Pushing Through Nearly 1,000 Sex Trafficking Indictments Every Day
- Where Is The 'Free Trade' In The TPP IP Chapter?
- Sandy Hook Video Game Prompts Everyone To Get Everything Wrong