Back in June we had an article saying that BMW was so happy with their first set of advertainment films that they were working on a second set. Today there's an article with more details about the current crop of films that spends more time discussing why exactly BMW is doing this. On the whole, I think it's very smart advertising. Unlike most advertising, which is seen as intrusive and annoying, this is advertising that people not only want - but that they actively seek out. It's truly targeted. While some people think that it blurs the lines between advertising and entertainment, I'm not sure why that's such a big deal. This isn't an attempt to be misleading. It is an attempt to entertain people while getting some brand awareness. I'd take that over a pop up ad campaign any day.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Comedic Artistry In Amazon Reviews
- GoldieBlox Pulls Beastie Boys Video, Promises To Drop Legal Dispute
- It's Not Such A Wonderful Public Domain, As Paramount Plans To Block 'It's A Wonderful Life' Sequel
- The MPAA's Plan To Piss Off Young Moviegoers And Make Them Less Interested In Going To Theaters
- Shocking Revelation: Websites For Cheating On Your Spouse Are BSing You