Some Japanese researchers have apparently come up with a way to create onions that won't make eyes tear as you cut them. They claim it should taste basically the same. According to the story in New Scientist, some are hopeful that discoveries like this will end some of the hatred towards genetically modified food, by showing that such things can be used to make products better.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- ACLU Calls For Ban On Nonlethal Weapons In Schools After Tased Student Ends Up In Coma
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Wannabe Murderer Butt-Dials His Almost-Victim
- Companies Developing Crowd Analysis Programs To Detect 'Abnormalities' In Behavior And Match Faces Against Giant Databases
- Facebook Needs To Learn It Can't Teach Tolerance By Acting As An Overzealous Censor
- Microsoft To Encrypt Data Center Links; Says NSA Hacking Would Be Unconstitutional