The latest column from Dan Gillmor praises Apple for not giving in to Hollywood's demands to trounce consumers' rights and focus on ways to implement digital rights management. Gillmor is hoping that they continue to take that stand. He points out that Intel and AMD are "working with" Hollywood to figure out ways to implement DRM solutions that are likely to hinder consumers' rights. I agree that it's good that Apple is doing what they're doing, but it would be even nicer if they actively stood up to Hollywood and told them they're making a mistake.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Thomas Friedman Believes Snowden Should Get A 'Second Chance,' By Which He Means 'Come Back To The US And Stand Trial'
- Lebanese Internal Security Force Requests Facebook Passwords, Text Messages Of All Citizens In The Country
- DailyDirt: Bullet The Blue
- DailyDirt: Making Memories
- DailyDirt: How Do You Solve A Problem Like... Academia?