The one thing that has really been missing in the battle between the tech world and Hollywood has been a really eloquent speaker who can persuade people at the same level as a Jack Valenti or a Hilary Rosen. Most of us can see through just about everything they're saying, but for some reason plenty of people buy the distortions they lay out as truths. Now, it appears that Gary Shaprio of the Consumer Electronics Association is stepping up as someone to go against the silver tongues of Valenti and Rosen. We already posted his (now famous) speech about how downloading music is neither immoral or illegal, and chastising Hollywood for their scorched earth policy. He's now repurposed most of the points in that speech into an opinion piece for News.com. Again, he makes his points clearly. Hopefully some of the folks in Congress will start to understand that there's more to this story than what Valenti and Rosen tell you.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Technology Is Changing The Way We Talk Because Internetz, LOL
- Joe Biden Tells Chinese Citizens To 'Challenge The Government,' Neglects To Mention His Administration Doesn't Like Being Challenged
- Holy See (The Pope) Criticizes TPP And TAFTA/TTIP In WTO Speech
- Xbox, PS4 Games Hitting Swearing Gamers With Technical Fouls
- A Tour Through The Bizarre Mind Of An NSA Defender: Discrediting Activists By Using Their Porn Surfing Is Just Like Journalism!