It appears the insanely long saga of what will happen to DirecTV is going to continue. The latest rumor is that the Justice Department is going to recommend that the merger be blocked. This, of course, means that Rupert Murdoch and News Corp. must be preparing to spend another few years into the negotiating process. Before Hughes finally agreed to sell DirecTV to EchoStar they had been bargaining with News Corp. forever. This is the merger story that will never end.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Faster Than A Speeding Bullet...
- Some Dell Shareholders Don't Know Much About This Leveraged Buyout, But They Know They Don't Like It
- George Lucas Finally Relinquishes His Tight Control Of Star Wars... To Mickey Mouse
- DailyDirt: Coins Worth More Than Gold
- Surprise! AT&T Admits Defeat, Withdraws T-Mobile Takeover Attempt, Pays $4 Billion Breakup Fee