It seems that Cablevision "accidentally" turned on some copy protection scheme that prevented owners of the new DVHS machines from taping the shows. While Cablevision says it was all a big mistake, it does give people a glimpse of what the future might be - when no one will be allowed to record a program unless they've paid extra for it.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Stopping 23andMe Will Only Delay The Revolution Medicine Needs
- Abusing The Surveillance Scandal To Punish Internet Freedom Even More
- Bruce Schneier On The Feudal Internet And How To Fight It
- US Free Trade Agreements Are Bad Not Just For The Economy, But For The Environment, Too
- James Clapper Thinks That NSA Employees Will Sell Out Our Nation After A Few Days Without A Paycheck