A couple months ago, a bunch of ReplayTV users (including Craig from Craigslist) tried to join a lawsuit against the entertainment industry. Actually, they tried to join with Replay to be defendants in a suit brought by the entertainment industry. Of course, the entertainment industry doesn't want to make it look like they're suing consumers (yet), so they told the judge this was just a publicity stunt. It seems the judge may agree and not let the users join the lawsuit. This is too bad, since it would actually get the voice of consumers into one of these lawsuits.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Kansas City Cops Tell Man They'll Kill His Dogs And Destroy His Home If Forced To Obtain A Search Warrant
- Most Big Internet Companies Speak Out For Major Surveillance Reform
- Witness In No Fly List Trial, Who Was Blocked From Flying To The Trial, Shows That DOJ Flat Out Lied In Court
- Feds Insist It Must Be Kept Secret Whether Or Not Plaintiff In No Fly List Trial Is Actually On The No Fly List
- Documents Show LA Sheriff's Department Hired Thieves, Statutory Rapists And Bad Cops