While there's been quite an uproar in the tech community about the Disney-sponsored bill to let Hollywood hack into our machines, what do people think about calls for people to hack back to stop worms and viruses from attacking? At first blush it may seem like the same thing, but there are clear differences. Protecting machines from a malicious attack is different from attacking computers of people you suspect may be performing an action that many people consider fair use.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- ACLU Calls For Ban On Nonlethal Weapons In Schools After Tased Student Ends Up In Coma
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Wannabe Murderer Butt-Dials His Almost-Victim
- Companies Developing Crowd Analysis Programs To Detect 'Abnormalities' In Behavior And Match Faces Against Giant Databases
- Facebook Needs To Learn It Can't Teach Tolerance By Acting As An Overzealous Censor
- Microsoft To Encrypt Data Center Links; Says NSA Hacking Would Be Unconstitutional