There have been plenty of stories before about people (mostly young people) ditching their landlines in exchange for mobile phones. These stories always seem to focus on some uber-geeks in Silicon Valley. However, now that it's reaching Des Moines, Iowa, I think it's becoming a trend. I certainly know more and more people who only use a mobile phone. I have no idea what the landline phone numbers are for most of my friends who have both. It seems clear that more and more people are discovering that they simply don't need a landline.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?