While Virgin's mobile phone offering in the UK has been somewhat popular, there really hasn't been a big attempt in the US to create a similar "mobile virtual network operator". Virgin has been trying to set up shop in the US for a while, but now it looks like plenty of other big brand names are getting ready to launch their own mobile phone services. Soon, instead of getting your mobile phone service from SprintPCS or Cingular, you may be using your WalMart, American Express or (my favorite) AARP mobile phone service.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?