An interesting article from the McKinsey Quarterly looking at a number of broadband based business models. While some think that increasing broadband adoption will provide more internet companies with ways to make money, this article takes a less optimistic view. They throw water on the idea that broadband adoption will rekindle the online ad market - showing that it's unlikely to do much for it. However, they do see opportunities in online gaming and various tie-ins with other forms of entertainment. I think the tie-in issue is the biggest opportunity, though most companies have been slow to experiment with it.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Stopping 23andMe Will Only Delay The Revolution Medicine Needs
- Abusing The Surveillance Scandal To Punish Internet Freedom Even More
- Bruce Schneier On The Feudal Internet And How To Fight It
- US Free Trade Agreements Are Bad Not Just For The Economy, But For The Environment, Too
- James Clapper Thinks That NSA Employees Will Sell Out Our Nation After A Few Days Without A Paycheck