A group of ReplayTV users, led by Craigslist founder Craig Newmark and helped along by the EFF, have decided to proactively sue the entertainment industry to retain their rights as consumers. They're asking for the courts to affirm their rights to "digitally record television programs, fast-forward through commercials, and send shows to other devices." Well, this should be a fun time.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Feds To FISC: Of Course We Don't Have To Share Our Full Legal Filings With Companies Suing Us Over NSA Transparency
- Kansas City Cops Tell Man They'll Kill His Dogs And Destroy His Home If Forced To Obtain A Search Warrant
- Most Big Internet Companies Speak Out For Major Surveillance Reform
- Witness In No Fly List Trial, Who Was Blocked From Flying To The Trial, Shows That DOJ Flat Out Lied In Court
- Feds Insist It Must Be Kept Secret Whether Or Not Plaintiff In No Fly List Trial Is Actually On The No Fly List