We've written about John Zuccarini before. This is the guy who registered tons of slightly misspelled domain names, and used them to inundate anyone who accidentally went to those sites with a never-ending stream of pop up ads. He seems to have done a good job perfecting his disappearing act. After spending quite a bit of effort in trying to track him down, last year the FTC simply forced a bunch of his sites to be shut down. Now, they've decided to fine him $1.9 million for his actions. Yet, they still can't find him. Despite the fact that he was served, he never showed up in court, and no one has any idea where he is.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Documents Show LA Sheriff's Department Hired Thieves, Statutory Rapists And Bad Cops
- Unarmed Man Charged With Assault Because NYC Police Shot At Him And Hit Random Pedestrians
- Judge In No Fly Case Explains To DOJ That It Can't Claim Publicly Released Info Is Secret
- German Court Says CEO Of Open Source Company Liable For 'Illegal' Functions Submitted By Community
- More Schools Reconsidering Zero Tolerance Policies And On-Campus Law Enforcement