I've always wondered why the 419 scams always seem to use Nigeria as the country the money is supposed to be coming out of. Admittedly, many of the 419s actually do start in Nigeria, but you would think if they're going to lie anyway, why not pick somewhere else? So, now, just a day after a bunch of 419 scammers were arrested, I guess it's not that big of a surprise to find out the scam is starting to morph. The latest version is supposedly from a US soldier in Afghanistan trying to smuggle drug money out of the country. It still amazes me that anyone actually falls for these scams, but you have to give the scammers credit for their persistence.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- ACLU Calls For Ban On Nonlethal Weapons In Schools After Tased Student Ends Up In Coma
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Wannabe Murderer Butt-Dials His Almost-Victim
- Companies Developing Crowd Analysis Programs To Detect 'Abnormalities' In Behavior And Match Faces Against Giant Databases
- Facebook Needs To Learn It Can't Teach Tolerance By Acting As An Overzealous Censor
- Microsoft To Encrypt Data Center Links; Says NSA Hacking Would Be Unconstitutional