News.com is running an interview with Jack Valenti where he calls the people who pay his salary (that would be those of us who are music consumers) "devilish", and suggests (of course) that we're thieves and possibly even terrorists (he says the industry is being "terrorized"). He also suggests that those of us who don't think what's happening is theft are somewhat dimwitted. The more he spouts off about this stuff, the less I think he really understands what's going on. Remember, this is the guy who once said that the VCR was going to destroy the movie industry - while now a huge percentage of their revenue comes from video rental and sales. It appears Valenti can't tell an opportunity from a threat even when it's been neatly tie up in a package and handed to him.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Wall Street Journal Calls Snowden A Sociopath; Argues For Even Less NSA Oversight
- Ed Snowden Sends Open Letter To Brazil... Which The Press Blatantly Misrepresents
- UK Welfare Project Boss Says He Didn't Use Open Source Because It 'Wasn't Available' Two Years Ago
- Some NSA Officials Favor Giving Snowden Limited Amnesty For All The Wrong Reasons
- Canadian Cop Puts On An Impromptu Clinic On How To Deal With Critics And Cameras