It seems that an online April Fool's joke saying that the Canadian Finance Minister was quitting in order to breed Charolais cows and "handsome fawn runner ducks" was taken a little too seriously by some Canadian investors, who sent the Canadian dollar lower on the non-news. Isn't it great to see how an April Fools joke online can affect world markets?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Nature Abhors A Vacuum
- Police Who Seized Woman's Phone As 'Evidence' Of Bogus Crime Now Complaining About Criticism
- NY Police Chief Kelly Taking $1.5 Million Worth Of Publicly-Funded Bodyguards With Him When He Retires
- Newest Leak Shows NSA, GCHQ Infiltrated World Of Warcraft, Second Life
- Prenda's Paul Duffy Claims To Be 'Too Devastated' By Nelson Mandela's Death To Comment