Apparently a Microsoft white paper describing security enhancements found in Microsoft Office XP was actually written using Microsoft Word 97. While this doesn't seem like such a big deal, Richard Smith (who pointed it out) suggests that this shows that plenty of people are still using older versions of Microsoft Office (including those internal to Microsoft) - and maybe some of those security enhancements should be built for those older programs as well. It is a bit amusing that Microsoft is using older versions of their own software, but I imagine it's pretty standard. I remember when I worked at Intel and you were lucky if you were only one processor behind on the desktop machine they gave you...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Finally, We Have Proof That The Washington Redskins Are Run By Replicants
- DailyDirt: Solar System Factoids
- Lindsay Lohan Is Reportedly Asking Her Lawyers About Going After GTA5 For Non-Portrayal
- NSA Gave Employees Ridiculous 'Talking Points' To Spread Among Friends And Family Over The Holidays
- Awesome Stuff: Stuff You Didn't Know You Need