Steve Wozniak, who seemed to be staying out of the business side of things for a while, is back. First he joins the Danger Research board last month, and now he's doing his own wireless startup. The plans for the startup seem a bit vague, but being Woz, he seems to have raised money without much of a problem. The startup will make wireless devices to "help everyday people track everyday things" . Interesting. I could see where that might eventually conflict with Danger's devices... The company, by the way, is called Wheels of Zeus to play on the whole "Woz" thing. The NY Times has a more detailed article about the startup (which seems to be focused on GPS devices) and how he got funding. Not surprisingly, the funding came mostly because of the name Wozniak, rather than the idea of the company.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?