An article from SF Gate about how successful Luxor Cab Company in San Francisco has been with installing a GPS system to help dispatch cabs to pickup locations at a faster rate. Apparently, it's cut the time from call to pickup down nearly by 50%. It's also made the company more reliable about actually picking up people and finding the best route. Not surprisingly, other cab companies are quickly following with plans of thier own to add GPS systems.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- ACLU Calls For Ban On Nonlethal Weapons In Schools After Tased Student Ends Up In Coma
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Wannabe Murderer Butt-Dials His Almost-Victim
- Companies Developing Crowd Analysis Programs To Detect 'Abnormalities' In Behavior And Match Faces Against Giant Databases
- Facebook Needs To Learn It Can't Teach Tolerance By Acting As An Overzealous Censor
- Microsoft To Encrypt Data Center Links; Says NSA Hacking Would Be Unconstitutional