Timmmay! writes "It looks as if Rep. Rick Boucher has got it in for the DMCA. He's planning to introduce a bill that eliminates the anti-circumvention clauses of the DMCA. The argument he is making is that it prevents legitimate use of things people have bought. Crazy talk like that will get him thrown out of Washington!" I would assume this explains his somewhat threatening letter to the music industry last week. It's good news that he's willing to introduce the bill, because over the past year or so most people said it was unlikely the DMCA would be changed at all. Now, the real question is whether or not there's any chance that the bill gets pushed through.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Feds Insist It Must Be Kept Secret Whether Or Not Plaintiff In No Fly List Trial Is Actually On The No Fly List
- Documents Show LA Sheriff's Department Hired Thieves, Statutory Rapists And Bad Cops
- Unarmed Man Charged With Assault Because NYC Police Shot At Him And Hit Random Pedestrians
- Judge In No Fly Case Explains To DOJ That It Can't Claim Publicly Released Info Is Secret
- German Court Says CEO Of Open Source Company Liable For 'Illegal' Functions Submitted By Community