Yet another angry legal battle to make fun of. It seems that wireless companies and the satellite radio guys have some overlapping spectrum they're fighting about. The wireless companies, who have done nothing with the spectrum, are afraid that the satellite radio repeater towers will interfere with whatever they eventually do with the spectrum. Yes, that's right. They don't know what they're doing, but they're already talking about how these other companies (who already have stuff working) will interfere with those plans. The various filings to the FCC about the matter are pretty funny. The best comes from one of the satellite radio companies, Sirius, who says that unless the wireless companies are "illiterate" they should know how to design around any interference problems and that any interference will be caused by "poor engineering" on the part of the wireless companies.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Mississippi Attorney General Jim Hood Thinks Google Is To Blame For Infringement On The Web
- Feds To FISC: Of Course We Don't Have To Share Our Full Legal Filings With Companies Suing Us Over NSA Transparency
- Kansas City Cops Tell Man They'll Kill His Dogs And Destroy His Home If Forced To Obtain A Search Warrant
- Most Big Internet Companies Speak Out For Major Surveillance Reform
- Witness In No Fly List Trial, Who Was Blocked From Flying To The Trial, Shows That DOJ Flat Out Lied In Court