What's the highest valuation of a private startup these days? It's apparently a company called Procket and it's $1.55 billion valuation. Who said companies weren't getting insane valuations any more? The best part is that Procket is still in "stealth" mode, so officially no one knows what they're doing. Of course, the reality is that most people seem to think it's networking company that is looking to get the jump on Cisco and Juniper for the next generation of router interfaces. The one thing I kept thinking as I read the article is that this sort of article feels like something you would have read about in 1997 or early 1998 rather than 2000 or 2001.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Helping Build The Surveillance State Is Good Business: Palantir Gets $196 Million More In Funding
- Kim Dotcom Planning To Invest In Privacy Startups
- No, You Don't Need Patents To Raise Money
- Crowd Funding: Also A Method For Proving Marketability To Investors
- Ridiculous: SEC Boss Refused To Move Forward On Required Crowdfunding Rules To Protect Her 'Legacy'