No one ever said that Apple didn't know how to build up hype in the press. However, they usually don't do it like this. They usually deny anything new and then make some big "surprise" announcement. Occasionally they'll leak a little bit (like they did with the iPod announcement) but then they risk angering those who think the products don't live up to the hype. So why are they building up a ton of hype towards next week's launch of... well... something? No one is really sure. However, it's clear that the marketing folks behind the hype are enjoying the chance to make fun of all the Mac rumor sites that love to speculate on such things. Update: Okay, so I've been looking over the various speculation and rumors about this one going around and my favorite one (even if it's somewhat unlikely) is that Apple is announcing that they're buying Palm. They've talked about it in the past, and now they'd also be getting Be's assets included in the deal...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- TSA Agent: Give Me That Toy Monkey Gun Or I'm Calling The Real Cops
- Feinstein And Rogers Try To Scare Americans With Ooga Booga Terrorism Threats
- Lessons Learned From Adam Lanza's Video Game Obsession: Blame Dance Dance Revolution
- Editorial Claims Houston Prosecutors Are Pushing Through Nearly 1,000 Sex Trafficking Indictments Every Day
- Where Is The 'Free Trade' In The TPP IP Chapter?