An Anonymous Coward wrote in to tell us about plans for the European Central Bank to include radio frequency ID tags into the thread of Euro bank notes in the next few years. At this point they're still (somewhat secretly) experimenting with the technology, but it certainly sounds like they would like to do this. The major hurdle is simply one of cost. If anything, though, that would mean they would just use it on larger bills until the costs dropped to the point that it was affordable for all currency.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- ACLU Calls For Ban On Nonlethal Weapons In Schools After Tased Student Ends Up In Coma
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Wannabe Murderer Butt-Dials His Almost-Victim
- Companies Developing Crowd Analysis Programs To Detect 'Abnormalities' In Behavior And Match Faces Against Giant Databases
- Facebook Needs To Learn It Can't Teach Tolerance By Acting As An Overzealous Censor
- Microsoft To Encrypt Data Center Links; Says NSA Hacking Would Be Unconstitutional