In Sweden they're now offering GPRS (faster, always on, wireless connections for your mobile phone) for free and yet, consumer demand isn't very high. That's probably not a good sign. Of course, they explain it away saying that Nokia doesn't offer enough GPRS-enabled phones, and there just aren't that many compelling GRPS apps available right now. Instead, all you get is faster WAP, and who really needs faster WAP?
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- T-Mobile Bucks Another Crazy Mobile Phone Trend: Dumps International Roaming Charges
- How Ruling On WiFi Snooping Means Security Researchers May Face Criminal Liability
- DailyDirt: Get Your Own Satellite
- Court Says WiFi Isn't Radio Because It's Not Audio; Therefore WiFi Sniffing Can Be Wiretapping
- DailyDirt: Is There A Better Word For Wireless?