Is Iridium back? The company that bought billions of dollars worth of assets from the original Iridium for just $25 million (and immediately signed a contract for $72 million from the US Dept. of Defense) is saying they're back and better than the original Iridium. They may be back, and they may even be better, but some still think they're going to fail. At least they're not trying to be all things to all people, and they've lowered the costs of the damn thing. However, it's still really expensive, and cell phone service and coverage is increasingly getting better. If anything, Iridium's market is going to keep shrinking over time.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- TSA Collects Nearly $500,000 In Abandoned Change Per Year And Has No Idea What To Do With It
- Lawsuit Claims ICE Officers Shot At, Arrested Wrong Man
- United Airlines Nearly Kills Pet, Aims For Streisand Glory Instead Of Paying Vet Bill
- Obama's Response To Too Much Secrecy About Surveillance... Is More Secrecy
- The USTR's Revolving Door With Copyright And Patent Maximalists Removes All Credibility