The Frankfurt eBooks Awards have nominated an ebook that has sold a grand total of eight copies for the best ebook. Everyone involved is somewhat surprised. I'm sure it's a good book, but I think it shows how far ebooks have to go. If a book that sold only eight copies can even be considered, then it seems unlikely that ebooks are doing that well overall.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- NSA FOIA Response Claims Data On Vendor Contracts 'Unsearchable'
- Eric Schmidt Claims Google Considered Moving Its Servers Out Of The US To Avoid The NSA
- DailyDirt: Not So Secret Nuclear Weapons
- Apparently James Clapper And The NSA Don't See Eye-To-Eye On Transparency
- 2009: Man Buys 5000 Bitcoins For $27, Forgets About Them. 2013: Man Rediscovers His Bitcoins, Now Worth $886,000