With all the talk of how the new terrorism bill will wipe away a bunch of our civil liberties, Bruce Schneier makes the very important point that even if these measures had been in place, they wouldn't have prevented the attacks. So, what's the point of putting them in place now? Even Attorney General John Ashcroft admitted they wouldn't have helped. Instead of creating broader surveillance (more data to deal with) they need to work on better methods of surveillance.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Joe Biden Tells Chinese Citizens To 'Challenge The Government,' Neglects To Mention His Administration Doesn't Like Being Challenged
- Holy See (The Pope) Criticizes TPP And TAFTA/TTIP In WTO Speech
- Xbox, PS4 Games Hitting Swearing Gamers With Technical Fouls
- A Tour Through The Bizarre Mind Of An NSA Defender: Discrediting Activists By Using Their Porn Surfing Is Just Like Journalism!
- If You Don't Care About The NSA Because You 'Haven't Done Anything Wrong,' You're Wrong