I read a lot of technology news. There are very few reporters who I tend to think are consistently off-base with their reporting, but I'm beginning to feel that way about Wired's Michelle Delio. She is the person who almost single handedly made people believe that there was a hacker war going on with the Chinese over the spy plane incident. It also seems like every article that feels like its pure "overhype" at Wired comes from her as well. The latest is this bizarre article about how some people are thinking that computer users should be licensed. The thing is almost no one is seriously thinking about this. And, most of the quotes in the article make it clear that this isn't such a great idea. However, she still comes back to say maybe it's not such a bad idea.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Joe Biden Tells Chinese Citizens To 'Challenge The Government,' Neglects To Mention His Administration Doesn't Like Being Challenged
- Holy See (The Pope) Criticizes TPP And TAFTA/TTIP In WTO Speech
- Xbox, PS4 Games Hitting Swearing Gamers With Technical Fouls
- A Tour Through The Bizarre Mind Of An NSA Defender: Discrediting Activists By Using Their Porn Surfing Is Just Like Journalism!
- If You Don't Care About The NSA Because You 'Haven't Done Anything Wrong,' You're Wrong