BountyQuest couldn't find a winner who could find prior art to disprove Amazon's 1-Click patent. There were some amusing attempts, though. Somehow, I don't think that Norm from Cheer's line "give me a beer" shows prior art in establishing a single click system. It is unfortunate, though, that nothing was found. It remains as one of the sillier patents awarded during this internet craze. Maybe I should have tried to patent Techdirt's method for sneering at stupid ideas.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Feds Insist It Must Be Kept Secret Whether Or Not Plaintiff In No Fly List Trial Is Actually On The No Fly List
- Documents Show LA Sheriff's Department Hired Thieves, Statutory Rapists And Bad Cops
- Unarmed Man Charged With Assault Because NYC Police Shot At Him And Hit Random Pedestrians
- Judge In No Fly Case Explains To DOJ That It Can't Claim Publicly Released Info Is Secret
- German Court Says CEO Of Open Source Company Liable For 'Illegal' Functions Submitted By Community