The maker of the Nutella (a yummy hazelnut spread) is apparently pissed off that the Gnutella file sharing system may be violating its trademark (isn't it amusing that Gnutella is even causing intellectual property problems with its own name). The company has requested that a number of German sites that promote Gnutella with various different domain names take it down, because they don't want to be associated with "a virtual conglomerate of copyright pirates and friends of child pornography, rather than the family-friendly nougat spread". I think that's being a bit harsh on the users of Gnutella.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Documents Show LA Sheriff's Department Hired Thieves, Statutory Rapists And Bad Cops
- Unarmed Man Charged With Assault Because NYC Police Shot At Him And Hit Random Pedestrians
- Judge In No Fly Case Explains To DOJ That It Can't Claim Publicly Released Info Is Secret
- German Court Says CEO Of Open Source Company Liable For 'Illegal' Functions Submitted By Community
- More Schools Reconsidering Zero Tolerance Policies And On-Campus Law Enforcement