Sherry Turkle, who's well known for her studies on "cyberculture", is now saying that it's good for children to be involved in online communities. She says in these days of latchkey kids, online communities gives children a chance to explore their identities and interact with other children. Of course, some people might question if the people they're interacting with are actually other children...
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Comedic Artistry In Amazon Reviews
- GoldieBlox Pulls Beastie Boys Video, Promises To Drop Legal Dispute
- It's Not Such A Wonderful Public Domain, As Paramount Plans To Block 'It's A Wonderful Life' Sequel
- The MPAA's Plan To Piss Off Young Moviegoers And Make Them Less Interested In Going To Theaters
- Shocking Revelation: Websites For Cheating On Your Spouse Are BSing You