iWon.com, in an attempt to stay competitive with other portals, has decided they need to have their own instant messaging client. They've decided to go with Jabber, which is an open source IM client. This is Jabber's first customer and it's definitely a pretty big win. While iWon.com is pretty lame itself (I still have problems with a site that feels the need to bribe its own users to use it), it does help establish Jabber as a real player in the space.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- NSA FOIA Response Claims Data On Vendor Contracts 'Unsearchable'
- Eric Schmidt Claims Google Considered Moving Its Servers Out Of The US To Avoid The NSA
- DailyDirt: Not So Secret Nuclear Weapons
- Apparently James Clapper And The NSA Don't See Eye-To-Eye On Transparency
- 2009: Man Buys 5000 Bitcoins For $27, Forgets About Them. 2013: Man Rediscovers His Bitcoins, Now Worth $886,000