This story is great. Apparently, Courtney Love is thinking of suing Universal for a percentage of their winnings in the MP3.com case. Since Universal has been claiming that the only reason they brought the case was to protect the interests of musicians, Courtney feels she's entitled to some of the rewards. It's a great publicity move that calls into question the whole Universal-MP3.com case. Of course, her comments were just in an email to a mailing list so it's not clear how serious she is. Update: Upside has a more in depth version of the story.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- DailyDirt: Safe Until Proven Harmful
- Former NSA Officer: Wikileaks Is A Front For Russian Intelligence And Snowden's (Probably) A Spy
- Did Ed Snowden Actually Write His Latest 'Statement'?
- Lawyer Suggests That Prenda Law May Have Only 'Released' Movies It Sued Over As A Honeypot For Lawsuits
- DailyDirt: Lobsters -- Sea Food Different