Apparently, you can now watch the first 7 minutes of Chicken Run online. I'm surprised this wasn't talked about more. It seems like a smart marketing move. It goes beyond the trailers, which many people don't trust anyway, and gives you a taste of the actual movie. If this had been more widely publicized, then perhaps it would become a trend. Though, I guess, if you know you have a movie that sucks (especially at the beginning) you wouldn't want to do that. I also wonder, if this catches on, if movie companies will "game" the system, and pay special attention to the first 7 minutes and make it extra funny or suspenseful or whatever is needed to get people into the theater.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Crowdfunded Prize For Open Source Jailbreaking iOS7 To Improve Accessibility
- Advisory Panel Offers Suggestions To Strengthen US Cybersecurity, But Is The Government Capable Of Change?
- ACLU Calls For Ban On Nonlethal Weapons In Schools After Tased Student Ends Up In Coma
- Lightning Strikes Twice: Wannabe Murderer Butt-Dials His Almost-Victim
- Companies Developing Crowd Analysis Programs To Detect 'Abnormalities' In Behavior And Match Faces Against Giant Databases