Okay, this article is long but totally worth reading. It's a speech that Courtney Love gave about her opinions on the music business, the RIAA, and Napster. I don't know much about Courtney Love. I don't know much about her music. The speech, though, is fascinating. She claims she doesn't know much about Napster, but I think she clearly gets it. She does say she's on the side of Lars and Metallica, but the more you read, the more you realize that she isn't in agreement with them. She understands that the music industry is where the real piracy occurs in that they've built artificial barriers to getting music out into the world. This is a great reply to the Edgar Bronfman speech we discussed here in detail two weeks ago. There's a ton more that can be said about this speech, but I've already taken up too much space.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Rep. Peter King's Office Suggests NPR Producer Lied About Being Detained At Border By DHS
- USTR Says TPP Must Be Kept Secret, Because The Public Is Too Stupid To Understand It
- DailyDirt: Technology Is Changing The Way We Talk Because Internetz, LOL
- Joe Biden Tells Chinese Citizens To 'Challenge The Government,' Neglects To Mention His Administration Doesn't Like Being Challenged
- Holy See (The Pope) Criticizes TPP And TAFTA/TTIP In WTO Speech