Researchers in London have announced the construction of the "video" pill. This capsule contains a small video camera and transmitter within it, allowing doctors to view the insides of a patient much less invasively than using an endoscope. We're finally starting to see the fusion of technology with traditional medical practices, expect to see a lot more advanced medical devices in the next few years (a much better bet than genomics companies, which will have about a 5 year span before products start rolling out).
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- UK Retailer Goes Legal After Shipping PS Vitas To Customers Who Just Bought A Game
- Public Service Commission Orders Verizon To Cough Up Cost Data On Its New York Copper Lines
- Meet The Dedicated Fan Who Makes Your Broken PC Games Work
- FBI Bungles Malware Attempt As Courts Begin To Question Its Legality
- Crowdfunded Prize For Open Source Jailbreaking iOS7 To Improve Accessibility