Researchers in London have announced the construction of the "video" pill. This capsule contains a small video camera and transmitter within it, allowing doctors to view the insides of a patient much less invasively than using an endoscope. We're finally starting to see the fusion of technology with traditional medical practices, expect to see a lot more advanced medical devices in the next few years (a much better bet than genomics companies, which will have about a 5 year span before products start rolling out).
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Companies Developing Crowd Analysis Programs To Detect 'Abnormalities' In Behavior And Match Faces Against Giant Databases
- Facebook Needs To Learn It Can't Teach Tolerance By Acting As An Overzealous Censor
- Microsoft To Encrypt Data Center Links; Says NSA Hacking Would Be Unconstitutional
- EasyDNS Continues To Fight Bogus Website Seizures By City Of London Police After Verisign Issues 'No Decision'
- School Firewalls And Their Blocks On 'Gay/Lesbian Issues'