Just looking at Wired and News.com this morning it looks like a big Napster Monday with stories everywhere. News.com is running a complete Napster roundup with a summary of the issues and four additional articles. Wired, meanwhile, points out that Napster itself might not be relevent any more and that a backlash has occurred since it kicked off 300,000 users thanks to Metallica's whining. I'm beginning to get the feeling this whole Napster craze is a bit overplayed... Update: Here's a good link to a story about Lars from Metallica and Chuck D debating pros and cons of Napster on the Charlie Rose show. It seems pretty clear that Lars is completely clueless on the matter. I didn't see the broadcast myself, but it'll probably be rebroadcast here in a couple of hours and I'll try to catch it.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- Feinstein And Rogers Try To Scare Americans With Ooga Booga Terrorism Threats
- Lessons Learned From Adam Lanza's Video Game Obsession: Blame Dance Dance Revolution
- Editorial Claims Houston Prosecutors Are Pushing Through Nearly 1,000 Sex Trafficking Indictments Every Day
- Where Is The 'Free Trade' In The TPP IP Chapter?
- Sandy Hook Video Game Prompts Everyone To Get Everything Wrong