This one I think is pretty silly. The band Metallica is suing Napster and three universities for not blocking Napster. This is ridiculous. First off, suing the universities for not blocking Napster is stupid. Why don't they just sue every ISP for not blocking Napster? Or, how about the US Gov't for supporting the internet in the first place? All the computer companies? They must be to blame somewhat as well. Also, I like how Metallica claims that for each copy of the song they are losing $100,000. Somehow, I doubt that each person who copied a Metallica song would have paid $100,000 for it otherwise. If anything, I think Metallica is probably going to piss off more people this way, whereas before, at least people were enjoying their music.
If you liked this post, you may also be interested in...
- iPhone Developer Creates App Criticizing The iPhone; App Is Quickly Pulled
- Leaked HBGary Documents Show Plan To Spread Wikileaks Propaganda For BofA... And 'Attack' Glenn Greenwald
- Publishers Remove 2500 Journals From Free Access In Bangladesh; Put Them Back When People Notice
- Just Weeks After Cutting Off Wikileaks, Amazon Brags About How US Federal Gov't Is One Of Its Biggest AWS Customers?
- Oh Look, Police Can Investigate A Satirical Online Comment About Mythical Violence And Not Overreact